CMHC Newcomers to Canada Program with Permanent Resident Status
For new immigrants who are permanent residents of Canada.
CMHC Borrower Requirements
- Must be a permanent resident of Canada.
- CMHC may request a credit report from the country of residence.
- All debts, including those held outside of Canada, will be included in Total Debt Service (TDS) ratio calculation.
- Proof of rental income via existing lease agreement or market rents by an XCEED approved appraiser is required for any rental units.
- XCEED will not use unconfirmed rental income towards qualification.
- CMHC Acceptable Property/Occupancy Types
- Available for purchases and refinance.
- one ()1 to four (4) unit owner occupied properties (Quebec: maximum – two (2) units).
- Investment properties allowed.
CMHC Acceptable Property/Occupancy Types
|# of Units||Maximum LTV||Beacon Score||Max GDS||Max TDS|
|1 – 2||95%||85%||680+||N/A||44%|
|3 – 4||90%||90%||680+||N/A||44%|